Fun fact: We spend an average of 122 days a year sleeping. That’s ONE THIRD of our life. What. Mind is kinda blown. With that said, sleep hygiene is so important. A couple of years ago, I started sleeping terribly. I wouldn’t have trouble falling asleep, but I just could not stay asleep. Once that started happening, I had to trial and error so. many. things. to help me get rest! Tried melatonin — didn’t work. Tried white noise — didn’t work. But today I’m going to share with you what did work AND where to get sheets that help you sleep better. Cheers to that. Click below to see more!
- Exercise in the morning. If I exercised in the evening, I found myself wired. Those endorphins wouldn’t slow down, so I couldn’t either. I would toss & turn for hours. Once I solely started working out in the morning, I started sleeping better.
- Make a to-do list. Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night and my mind will race with all the things I need to do the next day, week, etc. Rather than constantly trying to “shush” my mind, I simply remove the anxieties by making a list of all the things you need to do in the upcoming days — and I make sure I’m realistic about it. That way, I feel as if I have it written down & ready to tackle and I am able to go back to sleep. Yep, I do this at 3am sometimes. But it helps me.
- Reduce daytime naps. This one was really difficult for me, because if I felt that I didn’t sleep well the night before, I wanted a nap. Heck, I felt I needed a nap. And those naps saved me, or at least I thought so. But once I started to quit my nap habit, or limit it to 30 minute “power naps,” I started sleeping better through the night.
- Follow a bedtime routine. Yep, kinda like babies. Every night, just before I go to sleep, I do the same thing. Or most nights, at least. I feel like it preps my body so it knows to sloooowwww downnnnnn and get ready for some shut eye.
- GET COMFY! Quite possibly the most important thing. Get a mattress that you love, get good sheets, and get a nice blanket (for the wintertime). My favorite place to get sheets and blankets from is Tuesday Morning. They offer a HUGE variety of name brand, high quality sheets and blankets for 50-60% off department store prices. Sign me up for that. I use the sheets pictured below and I loooove themmmm. I also got the blanket pictured below & it’s the softest, coziest, and it keeps me warm during these cold North Idaho winters! Both FIFTY percent off! The Halston Home sheets are soft, cooling, and just feel so good. Truly helps me sleep my best.
PSA: The best sheets for you are not necessarily the most thread count or most expensive. Some of us need moisture-wicking, some of us need cooling… and Tuesday Morning has them ALL! Seriously such a great selection. Here is my puppy girl loving our cozy bed!
I hope some of these tips are helpful, and I hope you are able to sleep better in 2020. Don’t forget to head over to Tuesday Morning and upgrade your sheets, blankets, and so much more! It’s a one-stop shop, y’all. Click here to find a store near you! And as always, any questions, just ask!
*This blog post was sponsored by Tuesday Morning. All opinions are my own! 🙂
2 thoughts on “Five Tips For Better Sleep and My New Favorite Place to Get Sheets”
Found your blog from Tuesday Morning add
I am curious about your headboard
Hi Lori! Apologies for my delayed response. If you scroll earlier, I did a post on how I made this headboard for under $100!